Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Friday 10 April 2015

My Wardrobe Needs a Clear-out

My wardrobe needs a clear-out,
It's really far too full,
And yet I'm always hampered
By the ever-present pull
To keep nearly every item,
For they all form a part
Of my life in all its richness,
So it's very hard to start.
Some dresses have just languished
On a hanger all forlorn,
But still I hope to wear them
Though for years they've been unworn.
I've endless pretty blouses,
With long sleeves and with short,
Some very old, but others
That quite recently I've bought,
But I need them all for matching
With the skirts I want to wear,
Or else I might start looking
And find nothing matching there.
My cardigans and jumpers
Take up quite a lot of space,
But I couldn't be in fashion,
If that were not the case,
My scarves are rather numerous,
Every colour, shape and style;
I like co-ordination,
So I need a largish pile.
My skirts - I need so many
To look different every day,
And since they all still fit me,
Every one will have to stay.
So though my wardrobe's creaking
With not an inch to spare,
I don't really feel like parting
With anything hanging there.

No comments:

Post a Comment