Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Thursday 4 February 2016

Daydreaming

Among all the hassle and world's constant din,
I want to discover the artist within;
The me that's creative and full of ideas,
Whose mind's very active and regularly veers
To all sorts of topics ,which change by the day,
Ensuring I'm frequently carried away
By interests in painting with oils for a start
Old Masters which lead on to more modern art;
Bold watercolours and black and white prints,
Paintings which make use of pale pastel tints;
Portraits which seek to express inward thoughts,
The old family picture which often purports
To show an ideal, which is crafted with care
Much attention being given to all that they wear.
I imagine it's me who has painted these things
Enjoying the pleasure that daydreaming brings;

No comments:

Post a Comment