Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Monday 29 February 2016

Finding Time to Write

I really cannot fathom those who say they have no time
To dash off something every day in prose or maybe rhyme
I always have a notebook near so I can write things down,
Whether I’m at home or work or walking round the town.
I might be sitting on a bus when suddenly I find
A new idea, or maybe two, has come into my mind,
And as I’ve paper handy I can quickly make a note,
Even if just briefly so the whole thing’s kept afloat.
I might be strolling in the street when suddenly I see,
A scene, event, activity, which will provide the key
To something I will later write when I’ve a moment spare,
Which I’ll base upon the note I made while I was there.
I’ve written things in cinemas, while waiting for the show,
With nothing more to see by than their usual pallid glow.
I’ve scribbled things in restaurants, while waiting for my meal,
Though crowded cafes often are quite from my ideal.
I’ve snatched some minutes to compose while waiting for a train,
And then when I had climbed aboard began to write again.
I’ve written poems in the bath, while watching dinner cook,
While sitting in the summer sun beside a babbling brook.
In fact one can write anywhere, one need only need a pen,
Together with some paper to produce some words again.

No comments:

Post a Comment