Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Sunday 3 April 2016

How to Treat Venomous Comments

If someone that I do not know
Down the path decides to go
Of saying hateful things or worse
Should that cause me to immerse
Myself in feelings of low esteem?
No, for I hope I would not dream
Of being depressed by people who
Have nothing in their lives to do
But criticise and try to hurt
With words which are unkind or curt.
No, I should either just ignore
Their comments, treat them as a bore,
And concentrate on what is good;
That’s the path I know I should
Follow when I’m faced with those
Whose bitter hatred from them flows.
For if I do not them respect,
I really feel I can neglect
To take their words into my heart,
And let them tear my soul apart.
Only bitter words which flow
From the lips of those I know
And look upon with love and joy
Can my confidence destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment