Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Sunday 21 August 2016

Mean People



Some people are always loath to pay
For anything, if they can find a way
To pass the bill to a colleague or friend
While they display a subtle blend
Of sorrow, embarrassment and regret,
So no-one will call their bluff and yet
It happens time and time again,
As regularly as the winter rain.
Among the excuses that they quote:
“My card is in the other coat,”
“I  thought I had cash but must have spent
Everything at the last place I went.”
“I’ve just remembered my card’s expired
And I can’t remember the new pin required.”
“I must have left my wallet at home,
I think it’s on top of our garden gnome.”
I I think I’m the victim of a theft,
I know I had money when I left.”
Whatever excuse these people trot out,
They know exactly what they’re about;
They don’t want to pay, and so any excuse
Will do, so they can avoid the use
Of their own money to settle a bill;
They’ve done it before, so know the drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment