Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Friday 4 March 2016

My Ideal Job

It really would be nice to find
The sort of job I have in mind.
Close to home – enough to walk,
Although I wouldn’t really baulk
At two or three stops on the train –
Any more I would distain.
Convenient hours – an early start,
So that I could then depart
By early afternoon each day,
Doing the shopping on the way.
Full of interest – no need to spend
Hours which never seem to end
Doing the same old boring thing –
What I want is work with zing.
Super colleagues – but of course!
The sort that always are the source
Of fun and joy and laughter too,
So every day brings something new.
And as well a super boss,
Not the type that’s mean or cross.
And also, I hardly need to say,
A very decent rate of pay.
The world, however, doesn’t teem
With the sort of jobs of which I dream,
So likely I’ll fail in my quest
And have to settle for second best.

No comments:

Post a Comment