Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Friday 30 September 2016

A Living Room for Winter



I really need a change of scene within my living room,
Replacing all that’s pale and drab and gives an air of gloom
When longer nights and weaker sun make everything less bright
And often I’ll be working there for many hours each night.
And so to make me happier, I really need to choose
Lots of things to fill the room with  vibrant autumn hues,
Gaily patterned cushions that are scattered everywhere,
And smaller brightly coloured ones to grace each kitchen chair.
Tablecloths in vivid shades and candles nightly lit,
Combined with pretty curtains would soon brighten things a bit.
Vases full of flowers, which also fill the room with scent,            
Would bring more colour to the room and make me more content.
For winter is a dreary time in everybody’s book,
And lots of colour give a room a much more cheerful look.

No comments:

Post a Comment