Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Girl Across the Room

I looked across the room and there you were,
And something in my heart began to stir.
Was it your hair which neatly framed your face?
The gorgeous blouse of dainty pale blue lace?
Your twinkling eyes, which darted everywhere,
While never pausing long enough to stare?
The way you looked in animated talk?
The gracefulness I noticed in your walk?
The air of quiet confidence you showed?
The sense of fun which from your laughter flowed?
Your smile which lit your face and seemed to say
You really were enjoying life today?
I do not know, for what man really knows
The source from which a first attraction flows?
But something in your presence made me feel
A longing to get to know you which was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment