Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Monday 23 May 2016

Going out to Dinner

A chance to go out to a friend’s place for dinner –
No need to cook or to risk getting thinner!
Just pick up a bottle of nice-sounding wine,
Often just judged by the label’s design,
For I am no wine buff – I really don’t know
For which of the hundreds of types I should go.
Dress up, of course, for I need no excuse
To put my best clothes and really look spruce.
Leave home quite early – I do hate being late,
So right on the dot I’ll be opening the gate.
And then just enjoy hours of talking and food,
Which doubtless as usual will also include
Plenty of laughter, discussions and chat
Spread between eating and drinking so that
The hours pass so quickly it’s hard to believe
The clock when it shows that it’s now time to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment