Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Sunday 16 August 2015

Lack of Time

 I need a day that has more hours than twenty-four,
The current one leaves little time to do all I adore,
When one's allowed for travel, work and all the boring chores
One often hasn't any time to simply stop and pause
And spend some time just doing things one really wants to do,
Something that's exciting, or just something that is new.
Something that will take some time, not just a fleeting glance,
But if one's working all the time there's often little chance
For switching off for hours on end and following one's dreams,
For nearly all one's hours each day are occupied it seems.
With doing things one has to do - there isn't much to spare,
And lengths of time with nothing on are really very rare.
That's why I need some extra hours on top of twenty-four,
So I can fit in all the things I couldn't do before.

No comments:

Post a Comment