Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Friday 21 August 2015

Weekends

When I've been working all the week,
 I know my wish is not unique,
To put away all thoughts of work,
Making the most of a welcome perk;
Two whole days when my time is my own,
And I myself can set the tone
For all I do, be busy or not,
Amble along or proceed at a trot.
A chance to go out in the countryside,
Hire a pony and go for a ride;
Sit in a field and paint the scene,
Away from the work computer screen.
Read a book or go to a play,
Keep the weeds in the garden at bay;
Go to the coast for some seaside air,
After checking the cheapest fare;
Spend a hour on the Serpentine,
Rowing a boat, if the weather's fine.
Visit museums to learn some more
About the exhibits they have in store.
Listen to music, at home or out,
Enjoy the chance to just potter about.
Weekends are wonderful; and for me
A time when I am totally free
To plan my days without a thought,
To be relaxed, instead of fraught.

No comments:

Post a Comment