Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Sunday 21 June 2015

A Holiday Afloat

I'd like a holiday afloat,
All aboard a narrow boat,
Slowly chugging on its way,
Letting me enjoy each day
Sitting in the sun on deck,
With nothing I must do but check
That though the canal's fairly wide
I keep my distance from each side.
Just listening to the birds that sing,
The chirpy messages they bring;
Sounds that never could annoy,
Which can only bring great joy.
Passing fields on either side
As through the country farms I glide.
Cows and sheep I'll often see,
Grazing there unhurriedly.
Maybe horses, a goat or two,
Pigs and rabbits, quite a few.
Wild flowers growing on the banks -
Yet another thing that ranks
High on the list of things to note
As I very slowly float
Through the meadows, lush and green,
That typify a country scene.
But this tranquillity must end,
The time will come when I must wend
My way back home, but feeling great,
And in a far more peaceful state

No comments:

Post a Comment