Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Tuesday 30 June 2015

I must go on a Diet

How did I ever reach the state
Of putting on that extra weight?
I don't think I've been eating more
Of all the treats I so adore.
Nor have I increased the size
Of things I love, like chips and pies.
I hardly snack, or so it feels,
I just have normal healthy meals.
But the weight's gone on and I'm very fussed,
The time has come when I really must
Ensure no further weight gone on,
And all the extra's quickly gone.
So now I'll have to put the brakes
On yummy things like cream-filled cakes;
No more sugar in my tea,
No more sweetened drinks for me.
Smaller meals, with seconds barred
And be always on my guard
Against the nibbles which can add
A host of calories if they're clad
In loads of sugar or of fat -
Or maybe both with things like that.
No more fry-ups, boiled instead,
Reduce the intake of rolls and bread.
Small size portions of pasta and rice,
Even though they're rather nice.
That extra weight's my deadly foe
And it most surely has to go,

No comments:

Post a Comment