Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Friday 12 June 2015

Subjects for Drawing

When out with my sketchpad, my pencils and pens,
What I will draw nearly always depends
On what I can see, whether close by or far,
For out in the country there generally are
A host of new subjects just waiting for me
To put down on paper the image I see.
Flowers in the meadows, right next to my feet,
The haze in the distance brought forth by the heat;
And everything else which is laid out between
The distant pale sky and the near grassy green.
Trees with their foliage blocking the view,
Their thick leaves examples of every green hue;
Birds in the sky in a group flying past,
Hoping to reach their new quarters at last;
Bright pools of water, surrounded by reeds,
Where many a wildfowl swims idly and feeds;
Bluebells galore peeping forth in the woods,
Or maybe some acorns with little brown hoods;
Cows lying quietly while chewing the cud,
Worms wriggling quickly in patches of mud;
Whatever it is, it's a subject to draw;
Wherever I will always find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment