Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Saturday 19 December 2015

Cooking New Dishes

It's nice to cook new dishes, and I've tried out quite a few,
From things that are exotic to some different types of stew;
I peel and chop the vegetables, and put them in the pan
Or maybe deftly scatter all the pieces on a flan;
I flavour them with many herbs to give a different taste,
Using any oddments so that nothing goes to waste;
I boil and fry and bake and steam, so nothing is the same;
To not try out these different means I think would be a shame.
I like things to be colourful, so always try to choose
Ingredients that will provide a varied mix of hues.
I use a lot of items, from the chopping boards to jugs,
Pots and pans and knives and spoons and colanders and mugs;
Blenders, whisks and sieves as well; perhaps a glass or cup -
I only wish a fairy would then do the washing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment