Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Saturday 5 December 2015

Shopping with Friends

I hate going shopping with friends who are slow
When it comes to deciding on where we should go,
Partly because they can't make up their mind
Exactly what items they're hoping to find.
And then when we get there we enter each shop
And almost inevitably take time to stop
And look at each counter for ages before,
Making our way through the rest of the store.
Hours are soon wasted, with nothing being bought,
With me on the verge of becoming quite fraught.
When I go out shopping I like to move fast,
In and out of each shop before minutes have passed;
I know what I want, and my outlook is based
On the premiss I really have no time to waste
On looking at things which perhaps catch my eye
But which I have certainly no thought to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment