Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Monday 7 December 2015

Getting Down to Work

Time is passing quickly and still little has been done,
There's piles of things to get through that I haven't yet begun;
Like tackling all the cleaning that's been left for lack of time,
So now the flat has started to show definite signs of grime;
There's quite a lot of mending, which I really ought to do,
To make things last much longer, thus avoiding buying new.
The cupboards need a clear-out, getting rid of all the junk,
So there is space again where I can stow my largish trunk.
The curtains need a spring-clean, for they're looking rather brown,
But usually have to wait because they're awkward taking down.
There're letters to be written, which I should have done before,
But they like all the other things are just another chore.
The duvets should be washed again, before the season's out.
Some bathroom tiles need fixing - now where's the tin of grout?
One kitchen tap is leaking, and I really ought to try,
To mend it and so stop the drips before the year goes by.
There's so much needing doing, that that it really seems to me
Before I start I really need a nice hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment