Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Cycling in the Countryside

The wind's in my hair as I poodle along,
Feeling so healthy and active and strong.
I look all around as I slowly go by,
Viewing the woods and the fields and the sky.
I hardly need pedal, the road is so flat,
So cycling is easy - I'm grateful for that,
For I can then concentrate on other things,
The joy that a day out of doors always brings
The sound of birds singing, the mooing of cows,
The sight of a meadow that's full of bright flowers,
Squirrels and rabbits which scamper around,
Perhaps in the distance a tractor's faint sound.
There's nothing to beat a day spent out of doors,
Cycling along with enough time to pause
And simply enjoy all the nice clean fresh air
And all of the good things that one can see there.

No comments:

Post a Comment