Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Monday 26 October 2015

I Need a Nom de Plume

In the past many writers did not achieve fame
Until they decided to use a new name;
Even the Brontes were forced to resort
To nom de plumes so that their novels were bought.
So what shall I call myself?  With so much choice;
Perhaps in a French name I now should rejoice.
Or maybe a Scottish one, starting with Mac,
Would help set my writing along the right track.
Perhaps I should go for one syllable long,
Something that sounds rather forceful and strong.
A name that's poetic and trips off the tongue,
One which would really sound much better sung.
Something that;s old and is nowadays classed
As dating right back several centuries past.
A spot of Italian might add to my charms,
And certainly wouldn't raise any alarms.
Or maybe exotic - a name from the East,
Something which might be remembered at least.
It's so hard to choose from the thousands out there,
I've now got the feeling  it's not really fair
For I don't really know what the publishers seek,
What type will sound strong, while another sounds weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment