Girlwriting

Girlwriting

Wednesday 1 July 2015

What shall I Wear?

What shall i wear?  I'm invited to go
To a very posh dinner, and don't really know
What is the best, so that I look the part
Of someone who regularly dines somewhere smart.
A simple black dress, with a slightly low neck,
Or maybe another with just a small fleck
Of white in the pattern, so looks less severe;
Or should I wear grey?  Or perhaps I should veer
Towards something vibrant, say turquoise or red;
For colours like that there is much to be said
For everyone notices things that are bright,
And none become tepid in pale muted light.
But yellow is nice, with its echoes of sun
While pink and pale green can often be fun.
One piece or two?   That's something as well,
Which needs a decision, on which I must dwell.
Both can be fashionable, elegant too,
Smart and eye-catching, whatever the hue.
And then the accessories, what should I choose?
A scarf or a necklace? - I don't want to lose
The elegance which from my outfit will flow,
I simply desire other people should know
I've got the good taste to pick something which seems
To lift a nice outfit to something of dreams.
I've looked in my wardrobe, there's nothing in there
Which looks like the sort of thing I want to wear;
So I've made up my mind about what I must do
Go to the shops and buy everything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment